How successful a company is at exploiting emerging opportunities and dealing with associated threats depends on leadership’s ability to cultivate a broad mindset among managers and their followers. From a competency point of view, failures are attributed to the fact that leaders who lack experience or training in a job may also rely too much on intuition to the exclusion of rational analysis. Strategic decision-making skills are crucial. Effective strategic decision-making requires a balancing of intuition, rationality, and strategic vision. While ambitious, the goal or outcome is a view of the future that everyone in the organization believes in though is not readily attainable.
Think of your university experience. Prepare a SWOT analysis that identifies at least two opportunities (external forces that can assist you) and two threats regarding the completion of your degree.
Then, write an inspiring vision statement for yourself. Be sure to include your core values and
your core purpose for attending college.
Next, respond to the following:
- Describe your thought process while performing your SWOT analysis.
- What can you imply about yourself from this comparison?
- How does it compare to other students' thought processes?
Write your initial response in a minimum of 200–300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Beginning Saturday, March 26, 2016, post your responses to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Wednesday, March 30, 2016, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read all posts from your peers.
- Respond to feedback on your post and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course reading, academic and trade journals, company
websites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions of others; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences.
- Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and organized; demonstrates ethical scholarship through accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Grading Criteria and Rubric
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||Max Points|
Initial Discussion Response
Writing Craftsmanship and Ethical Scholarship
Asked by haaskyle 4 years ago