Formulating Your Airline's Strategy - TeamActivity Context
This assignment helps you develop the skills to master the following course competencies:
- Analyze strategic issues to guide overall business decision making.
- Integrate findings of strategic, environmental, and core business function analyses to provide input to decision making and planning.
- Formulate business decisions for immediate actions based on integrated analyses.
- Integrate and apply core knowledge, skills, and attitudes to plan for resolution of key business challenges.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
Revisit the MBA6028 Course Alignment Map to review how all activities assist you in achieving the course competencies and overall program outcomes.
For this assignment, formulate your airline's strategy
as described in the course project description for the Airline Simulation project. Be sure to review the Formulating Your Airline's Strategy Scoring Guide to self-assess your paper prior to submission. Please note that you are required to support your strategy with professional or industry-related resources (at least three) and follow APA guidelines for style and format.
Important: Each member of the team must submit a copy of the team document to their own assignment area to be graded, and each member must submit the same document. However, each of you will receive a team grade.
Your airline's strategy should contain the following:
- A name for your airline. You will work with your team to create a name and a strategy for your airline.
- A mission and vision for your airline that illustrates your basic philosophy. (Will you be aggressive or conservative? Or, will you be disruptive and creative?)
- An explanation of how you plan to
run your airline. Support your plan with at least three referenced sources.
- A communication strategy for your team. This should be a paragraph or two telling how your team intends to communicate, such as group discussion forum, email, Skype, et cetera, to discuss things and work on decisions.
This is a great chance for your team to be creative! Design a logo, develop a slogan, and so on. You are not required to follow any particular format. However, your airline's strategy should look professional and address all the elements completely. Review the Airline Strategy: Sample Report document given in the resources just to get an idea of the content required.
Your airline's strategy should be a fairly detailed report of approximately 5. You must use references or citations from at least three professional or industry-related resources within your report. Be sure you follow APA sixth edition guidelines for all citations and references.
Also, make sure
your team number and airline name appear on the paper and all members of the team submit the same document.