EDU 352: Foundations Of Educational Technology Week 2 Dq 1
Analyze Examples of Technology Integration
To ensure that educationally focused technologies are effective in teaching, many factors must be considered. Some of these include the learner characteristics, the environments in which they will be used (online, face-to-face, or combination), the applicability to the learning objectives, ease-of-use, qualities that foster high levels of student engagement, critical thinking, and more. Read the Assessing Classroom Technology Integration http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/tech/tech243.shtml article, which gives you some good ideas for how to evaluate technology integration in the classroom. Examine several of the Examples of Effective and Ineffective Technology Integration listed below. The complete references for these examples are listed in the
title="EDU352_Week_Two_Resources_8.4.17.pdf" href="https://ashford.instructure.com/courses/8101/files/1437549/download?verifier=7qoL5dkEu9aefPg4phb7c85LSuZAO2gVwta0hGwV&wrap=1">Week Two Resources document.
Examples of Effective and Ineffective Technology Integration
- Technology Lesson for Third Grade
- Learning and Technology (attachment)
- 2012 Instructional Technology Lesson - 1st Place Winner - Greenway High School https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaV9oiDUoZQ
- Presentation Bad/Good Examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5c1susCPAE
- Teaching English With Technology - Bad Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2YN-7OJls
- Stuffing Technology into the Curriculum http://www.fno.org/jun04/stuffit.html
- Reflections on Using Technology to "Enhance" Learning Activities
- Technology in the Science Classroom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWeLxLtmNk
- Video Resumes https://sites.google.com/site/kidsnetsoftvideoresumes/home
In your initial post, identify one example of effective and one example of ineffective use of technology (include a citation for each chosen source).
- What role did the technology play?
- Which was more important, the technology or the learning of content?
- Why did you characterize each example as effective or
ineffective? Justify your analysis.