Disorders Of The Sensory Systems
Week 3 - Discussion1212 unread replies.1212 replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
|Disorders of the Sensory Systems|
Read Chapters 6 and 7 of your text. Then, select a disorder of the sensory system to discuss. You must choose a different disorder than your peers. If you would like to focus on a disorder that is not on the list, please get prior approval from your instructor.
Select a disorder of the sensory system from this list
- blindsight is my selection
Conduct research and locate two peer-reviewed articles to support your statements. In
- Explain the symptoms of the disorder.
- Describe how the diagnosis is made (e.g., findings on brain imaging, laboratory testing, etc.).
- Discuss the neurobiological basis for the disorder (e.g., CNS structures involved and neurotransmitters).
- Describe the functional deficits associated with the disorder including how these may impact the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living (e.g., occupational, social, recreational).
- Cite your sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center .
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion.
Your response must include a description of the current treatment options, both pharmaceutical
(including mechanism of action for any drug therapies) and behavioral (based on the functional deficits associated with the disorder) that are available for the disorder your peer described. You must use a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources in your response.
Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.