SOCIAL MEDIA ASPECTS
Assignment 3: PowerPoint Presentation
Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
Develop a PowerPoint presentation (10-16 slides in length). The content should focus on some aspect of social media use in the workplace. Potential examples include the importance of companies embracing social media, advertising through social media, policies involving social media, proper professional communication through social media platforms, or any number of other angles.
The presentation must be submitted in .PPT or .PPTX format. Any other submission formats will be returned ungraded.
The PowerPoint presentation must adhere to the following requirements:
- Address some aspect of social media in the workplace.
- Organize the presentation in a clear, logical manner.
- Provide between 10-16 total slides.
- Assume your target audience is familiar with the concept of social
- Follow the design requirements from Chapter 12-3 (pages 208-211) in BCOM7.
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide, and two to three (2-3) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.) throughout the presentation (not per slide), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away.
- Open with an engaging introduction (including one title slide and one introduction slide).
- For the body of your presentation, cover the main points of your subject. Create slides that reinforce and illustrate your main ideas.
- For your single closing slide, finish with a memorable wrap-up statement that refocuses on the purpose of your presentation.
- Slides should cite any relevant outside sources using footnotes on relevant slides OR in APA format (in-text citations on slides and an included References page at the end of the presentation).
Choose one method or the other (do not mix both).
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Focus on clarity, writing mechanics, and professional language/style requirements.
- Run spell/grammar check before submitting.
Your assignment must:
- Be completed in PowerPoint (using either .PPT or .PPTX format). Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
AND FOLLOW THE RUBRIC BELOW FOR A GRADE OF "A" USING THE EXEMPLARY COLUMN!!!!
NG315 Week 6 Assignment 3: PowerPoint Presentation
Description: ENG315 Week 6 Assignment 3: PowerPoint Presentation
- List View
|Unacceptable Below 60% F||Meets Minimum Expectations 60-69% D||Fair 70-79% C||Proficient 80-89% B||Exemplary 90-100% A|
|1. Submission meets|
the content requirements outlined in assignment details.
|Points Range: 0 (0%) - 26.96 (17.97%)Submission content missing multiple required elements, has multiple issues with development of content, or does not relate to the stated requirements.||Points Range:27 (18%) - 31.46 (20.97%)Submission missing at least one noted content requirement and has multiple issues with development of provided content items.||Points Range:31.5 (21%) - 35.96 (23.97%)Submission is missing at least one requirement or has specific development issues with provided content items.||Points Range:36 (24%) - 40.46 (26.97%)Submission includes all stated requirements and most are well developed.||Points Range:40.5 (27%) - 45 (30%)Submission includes all stated requirements and is well developed.|
|2. Assignment meets|
the format requirements outlined in assignment details.
|Points Range: 0 (0%) - 22.46 (14.98%)Assignment makes little or no attempt to meet the stated format requirements.||Points Range:22.5 (15%) - 26.21 (17.47%)Assignment is missing at least two format requirements (or there are major errors as noted in comments).||Points Range:26.25 (17.5%) - 29.96 (19.98%)Assignment is missing at least one format requirement and/or has 4-5 minor errors.||Points Range:30 (20%) - 33.71 (22.48%)Assignment includes all stated format requirements and has 2-3 minor errors.||Points Range:33.75 (22.5%) - 37.5 (25%)Assignment includes all stated format requirements and has 0-1 minor errors.|
|3. Audience, Purpose, and Overall Effectiveness of the PowerPoint Presentation.|| Points|
Range: 0 (0%) - 26.96 (17.97%)The PowerPoint Presentation is not properly targeted, the purpose is unclear, and/or the message is ineffective in achieving its goal(s).
|Points Range:27 (18%) - 31.46 (20.97%)The PowerPoint Presentation has major errors in at least two of the areas (Audience, Purpose, or Overall Effectiveness).||Points Range:31.5 (21%) - 35.96 (23.97%)The PowerPoint Presentation has a major error in at least one of the areas (Audience, Purpose, or Overall Effectiveness).||Points Range:36 (24%) - 40.46 (26.97%)The PowerPoint Presentation mostly addresses the proper audience, generally achieves its purpose, and is somewhat effective.||Points Range:40.5 (27%) - 45 (30%)The PowerPoint Presentation addresses the proper audience, achieves its purpose, and is effective.|
|4. Clarity, writing|
mechanics, professional language/style requirements.
|Points Range: 0 (0%) - 13.49 (8.99%)More than 8 errors present.||Points Range:13.5 (9%) - 15.74 (10.49%)7-8 errors present.||Points Range:15.75 (10.5%) - 17.99 (11.99%)5-6 errors present.||Points Range:18 (12%) - 20.24 (13.49%)3-4 errors present.||Points Range:20.25 (13.5%) - 22.5 (15%)0-2 errors present.|