NTC 245 - Week 3 - Local Area Network For Taylor & Sons Financial Consulting Plan And Presentation
Write a 1- to 2-page document using Microsoft® Word explaining the network design that was discussed by your Learning Team.
The document should include the following:
- A description of your design options
- The challenges you encountered and those you resolved
- The advantages of your design over others considered and discussed within your learning team
Note: All references need to adhere to APA guidelines, and images should not be copied unless author permission is obtained or copyright free images are used.
Submit your assignment using the Assignment Files tab.
Discuss the PhysicaL Network design andNetwork protocols you will be working with while creating the Local Area Network for Taylor & Sons Financial Consulting. This discussion will be the basis for your diagram in the associated individual
The physical design of a network will show the physical connections of what devices are on the network (routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, etc.) and any endpoints (workstations, printers, etc.). It provides the means to identify unnecessary additional costs, increased points of vulnerability, limitations in the future development of the network, and limitations in the connectivity of the network. A physical diagram presents the following information about the network:
- Details of physical communication links, such as cable length, grade, and approximation of the physical paths of the wiring, analog, and ISDN lines
- Servers, with computer name, IP address (if static), server role, and domain membership. A server can operate in many roles, including primary or backup domain controller, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service server, Domain Name System (DNS) server, Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) server, print server, router, and
application or file server.
- Location of devices, such as printers, hubs, switches, modems, routers and bridges, and proxy servers that are on the network
Wide Area Network (WAN) communication links (analog and ISDN) and the available bandwidth between sites; this might be an approximation or the actual measured capacity
Asked by rebeccacox 3 years ago