As a senior coder and experienced test engineer, you have been given a new software testing future key project where you were asked to develop and conduct test cases that would occur throughout the software development life cycle. Your project first was to choose between the following three possible key project software implementations:
- COTS and Contract software
- Data Warehouse software
- Web-based software
Now that you have selected your software project, it is time to plan the testing process.Each week you will be working on a key assignment. You will create a proposal to be used at a Test Planning Milestone Meeting (TPMM) meeting. To begin your key assignment, create the following sections in your proposal:
- Tables of contents
- Software Testing Environment
- The importance of unit/usability/system test planning process
- Characteristics of test
- Test planning approach
- Approach taken for your test project
- Outline of the test plan
- Scope (identification, system overview)
- System description and operation (name of test sites, test configuration)
- Test identification & test levels
- Planned tests & test schedules
- Requirement traceability
For this assignment, you will research the factors that contribute to an ideal test environment for your software and prepare a requirements traceability matrix (RTM). Locate a RTM template on the Internet to use as your starting point. RTM should have at least 3 columns: ID, Requirements, and Component. ID should be the unique ID of the requirement. Requirements should be the actual testable “shall” requirement. Component should be the component(s) of the software or system that has been
allocated for this functionality (i.e., user interface, security, etc.).
In your key assignment document, provide the following:
- Create a section that describes an environment supportive of software testing. Describe all required resources including the skills and competencies of the testing staff.
- Begin development of your requirements traceablity matrix (RTM). Be sure to provide a link to the source of the template used. For this assignment, you are just populating the ID and description of all requirements subject to test. You will complete the rest of the RTM in Week 3.
This is the first addition to your overall final project in Section 1. Each week, you will add to this as you progress to the end of the project comprising of all 5 weeks of research. This Week 1 research and findings should be added as the first section of your project, with the RTM added in an Appendix A. Any research done and included in the project
should have APA support.
Asked by rebeccacox 4 years ago