Hcs 455:The Policy Process: Formulation, Legislation And Implementation
Policies are constantly reviewed and considered to help improve the federal, state, or local health care systems. Each one has the potential to affect each of us on a daily basis, so careful consideration must be given when policies are proposed. It is important to understand the process of how a topic eventually becomes a policy.
Using your approved topic from Week Two, write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on the complete process of how your chosen topic becomes a policy. In your paper, include the following information:
- State the objective of the policy.
- Define the formulation stage.
- Explain the process to formulate your policy and the involvement of stakeholders.
- Define the legislative stage.
- Explain the legislative body's approval process needed to gain support (i.e., funding) for the policy and how stakeholders influence legislators' decisions.
- Define the
- Identify the accountable parties and their roles in the various implementation stages of your policy.
Cite a minimum of 5 references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.