CIS 267 ASSIGN 1
Assignment 1: Ticket Seller Phase 1
Due Week 8 and worth 105 points
This assignment contains elements that you have learned over the past few weeks, including:
- Designing well-written and readable programs using a disciplined coding style, including documentation and indentation standards.
- Demonstrating how to implement logic involving sequence, selection, and repetition using Visual Basic.
- Creating useful and well-designed programs that use subroutines, functions, menus, dialog boxes, and other related form objects to solve practical business problems.
Part 1: Design Phase
This is the first of a two-phase assignment. For this phase of the assignment, students will submit a design of their application. There is no coding required for this phase of the assignment. Students will design an application for the following business description:
Ticket Seller is a new startup ticketing company. It has contracted you to develop a Visual Basic system to sell and print tickets for your local basketball arena. The system will provide sales in a Microsoft Windows environment at the ticket office. Management will use your program as a prototype for a future global ticket system. Create your own sample data for the designs. Use your creativity in this design.
This application will be menu-driven. Students will design the application according to the following organizational system:
- A main menu system with the following submenu systems:
i. setup game / ticket menu.
ii. sell tickets menu.
iii. reporting menu.
a. Create a setup subsystem to enter:
b. Create a sell subsystem to:
i. display available tickets.
ii. sell tickets and take them out of the available ticket pool.
keep track of the total sales.
iv. provide a group discount (10 or more tickets for 1 transaction – 10% off).
c. Business requires two (2) new screen reports to be generated from the ticketing system. The first screen report shows the daily activity, which shows the number of tickets sold and revenue generated. The second screen report is weekly results. It has the total tickets sold, the total revenue generated, and tickets available for sale. Create a report subsystem for daily and weekly sales.
The following items must be submitted for this phase of the assignment
- A written paper (at least two pages 1.5 line spacing) describing how the application will be designed
a. Include a cover page
b. Include details about components that will be used in the UI design for each subsystem
c. Programming conventions that will be used in the program code
d. Describe logical flow of subsystems
user will execute to accomplish tasks in each subsystem
For example: If a user is in the sell ticket subsystem, what are the required tasked the user must perform to purchase ticket(s)
e. Graphical rendering (such as flowchart, use case), of the application components and interactions.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply graphical user interface design principles.
- Design conditional and iteration constructs appropriate to a given programming task.
- Design well-written and readable programs using a disciplined coding style, including documentation and indentation standards.
- Create Visual Basic applications that deploy on multiple platforms such as Web pages, Windows, and Office environments.
- Demonstrate how to implement logic involving sequence, selection, and repetition using Visual Basic.
- Create useful and well-designed programs that use
subroutines, functions, menus, dialog boxes, and other related form objects to solve practical business problems.
Asked by rebeccacox 3 years ago