signment 5: Draft Essay
Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
Remember in this course, you will develop one essay. The subject of your essay for this course is “Changing Our Lives.” In your essay, you will address why you decided to go to college at this time in your life and state the three reasons behind your decision.
The subject of your essay for this course is “Changing Our Lives.” You have taken a marvelous, brave step on an educational journey. Congratulations! You have likely done a great deal of soul-searching to come to this enormous decision. The purpose of this essay, therefore, is for you to tell your readers (your instructor and your classmates) why you came to this decision. In your “Changing Our Lives” essay, you will address why you decided to go to college at this time in your life and state the reasons behind your decision.
In this assignment you will combine the elements developed in previous
assignments to create a draft version of your “Changing Our Lives” essays. The Strayer University reVision Center is a useful resource for learning more about proper APA formatting, which you will be graded on in this assignment. The reVision Center is located in iCampus under Student Services.
The intention of the course is to build one essay step-by-step during the course of the 11-week semester. For the Assignment 6: Draft Essay, you will combine all of the elements of the essay that you have created in your previous assignments during the past eight (8) weeks to create your draft essay. Please review the “
href="https://blackboard.strayer.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/ENG/090/1144/Student%20Sample%20Documents/Sample%20Student%20Essay%20-%20Draft%20Essay.docx" target="_blank">Sample Student Essay – Draft Essay” by clicking this link to download. "Sample Student Essay - Draft Essay" can also be accessed by using the "Additional Resources" link in each week or by navigating to Student Center>Additional Resources. Please DO NOT submit a new essay for this assignment. The instructor has the discretion to accept or not accept essays if they are not created according to the requirements.
Write a two to three (2-3) page essay in which you combine all the elements (introduction with your thesis statement, three (3) supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion) to create a five (5) paragraph essay in which you:
- Develop a clear introduction to the essay.
- Develop a thesis with clear avenues of
- Develop clear and organized separate main body paragraphs.
- Develop a clear conclusion.
- Develop clear topic sentences that have strong transitions for all main point paragraphs.
- Develop a high level of supporting information, including facts, details, examples, and evidence, which support the topic sentence.
- Use high-level transitions within each paragraph to increase coherence and unity.
- Show awareness that a college-educated audience acts as the reader.
- Meet the required five to seven (5-7) sentence length for each paragraph.
- Minimize grammar, spelling, mechanics, and follow APA formatting.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover
page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use prewriting, writing, revising, and reflecting techniques to present ideas in a logical and organized manner.
- Employ writing techniques that demonstrate an understanding of audience, purpose, and writing type.
- Correct grammatical and stylistic errors consistent with Edited Standard Written English.
- Write paragraphs and essays, and other assigned work with a clearly defined main idea, introduction, body, and conclusion.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.