Class505 Unt 5 QD
Topic 1: Complete the required Readings before posting to this Discussion. Analyzing specific examples in the text from Chapters, 7, 8 and 9, explain how types of epidemiological studies impact knowledge of diagnosis, prognosis or clinical treatment. Be sure to use vocabulary that demonstrate your understanding of epidemiological terms.
Please review the Discussion Board Participation grading rubric under Course Resources in the Grading Rubrics section.
This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion.
Please see the Kaplan Writing Center located in the student portal for assistance with writing, APA, and online communication.
In Clinical Epidemiology, read:
Chapter 7: “Diagnosis”
Chapter 8: “Prognosis”
Chapter 9: “Treatment”
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]. Solve the outbreak. Disease detective. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/mobile/applications/sto/web-app.html
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. (2017). Partnering to heal. Retrieved from https://health.gov/hcq/training-partnering-to-heal.asp
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality [AHRQ]. (2014). Guide to clinical preventive services. Retrieved from https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/guide/index.html
- Centers for Disease control and Prevention [CDC]. (2014). Principles of epidemiology in public health practice. An Introduction to applied epidemiology and biostatistics. (3rd ed.). Glossary. Retrieved from
- Department of Health and Human Services. (2014). Leading health indicators. Retrieved from http://healthypeople.gov/2020/LHI/default.aspx
- Healthy People 2020. (2016). Topics and objectives. Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives
Course PDF Web Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC]. (2014). Principles of
epidemiology in public health practice. An Introduction to applied epidemiology and biostatistics. (3rd ed.). Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/ophss/csels/dsepd/ss1978/ss1978.pdf
- Guide to Clinical Preventive Services. (2014). Recommendations of the US preventive task force. Retrieved from